Crazy thing is that in one
A little word of advise, being a grown-up is not all that it's cracked up to be, cherish every moment of being young, carefree, and without real responsibility, because you can never go back. Seriously, don't wish your life away. The real world will always be waiting for you, it's not going anywhere. So cherish every minute of the time you have.
This year hasn't been easy. It's been filled with heartache, but also with joy. It's been filled with tears, but also laughter. Looking back and reflecting on where you have been is always an eye-opening experience.
Starting school in September was one of the most challenging and scary things I've ever done, walking into a class with 21 five year olds who have absolutely no idea what they're doing in your class is a little overwhelming. But we've made it, and not only have we made it, but all of us have grown so much! I cannot tell you how proud I am of my little babies, they have soared since September, academically and socially. If someone would have told me my kids would have been where they are today, I would have called them crazy, in fact I think I did. But it's true, all the hard work pays off, and you DO see the fruit of your labor.
Not only was I a first year teacher, but I was an absolute emotional mess at the beginning of the year. My heart was broken in about a
I cannot believe I'm drawing near the end of yet another huge milestone in my life, but I guess that's life, it just keeps going no matter how badly you want to slow it down. I don't know what's next for me, or how my life will change next week, next month, or next year. There is an absolute peace in knowing that God is control and he works all things for good and for His glory, and I know there is nothing to fear in that.
Exodus 14:14 says, "The Lord will fight for you, you need only to be still."

No comments:
Post a Comment