Thursday, August 11, 2011

23 years of life

I'm quickly approaching my 23rd birthday and have to say I'm having mixed feelings about it.  21 was a fun year and a big deal, 22 well that still doesn't sound that old, but 23, I'm not sure I like the sound of that. 23 is the start of my "big girl life," and to be quite honest I'm not sure I'm quite ready for that, but at the same time I have SO much to be thankful for.  I have a wonderful family, the best friends in the world, and I'm about to start teaching which has been my life long dream ever since I was a child....maybe 23 won't be too bad after all! 


It's funny every year I think about the next year of life and where I hope to be, and honestly it never usually works out like I plan, my life is kind of one beautiful mess. No but seriously it is, nothing ever usually works out the way I want it to, but in the end it works out just the way it's supposed to :)


This year in my twenty third year of life I have some goals I want to accomplish and now more than ever I'm determined to do them, to step out of my comfort zone, to do something different, and to stop living in fear.


So here they are....23 goals, wishes, or whatever you might call them, for my 23rd year.


1. I want to learn as much from my students as possible.
2. Travel somewhere I've never been.
3. Get in shape, but seriously I'm trying to get abs.
4. Go to a new church.
5. Invest real time in people.
6. Be more diligent about my quiet time with the Lord, aka grow in my faith.
7. Eat healthier.
8. Save a lot of money.
9. Take spontaneous road trips on the weekends, just because I can :) 
10. Learn to not take things for granted, be more grateful, complain less.
11. Give back--not sure how yet, just know I want to.
12. Move away for at least a year.
13. Continue to open myself up to people even though when I do, I usually get hurt.
14. Stay organized, my life feels like a chaotic mess right now. 
15. Trust that God's plan for my life, is far better than my own. 
16. Be loved. (Silly I know.)
17. Take lots of pictures, I'm terrible at that.  I went to ATL a few months ago, and took one picture of Turner Field--fail.
18. Follow my heart, wherever that might take me.
19. On the same note, to a better job of protecting my heart.
20. Spend less time worrying about what people think of me, and spend more time living and enjoying life.
21. Be thankful everyday for who I am and what I have right now, at this exact moment.
22. Choose to be happy.
23. Finally I want to  look back in a short 365 days and say I'm proud of how I've grown and I'm proud of the person I am, and hopefully I can check some of my goals, wishes, etc. of my list :)  STAY TUNED.....



No comments:

Post a Comment